A new edition. The standard textbook covering in detail all aspects of the complex interaction between trees and the law.
The Law of Trees, Forests and Hedges provides the only detailed reference source on the large and disparate body of law relating to trees, forests and hedgerows – an uncoordinated mixture of private and public law, common law and statute.
This new, updated edition:
• explains the general law on trees, dealing with issues such as ownership, boundaries, subsidence claims, hazardous trees, highways, and habitat protection
• outlines the law relating to commercial forestry, looking at financial considerations, felling licences, the assessment of environmental impact and relevant health and safety issues
• highlights various mechanisms for protecting important trees and hedges, ancient woodlands and historic landscapes
• includes sample conditions for use with planning permissions and tree preservation orders
• extends for the first time to Scotland.
Publisher: - Sweet & Maxwell. - more
Code: - ISBN: 9781847039149
Year: - 2011
Authors: - Mynors, C.
Availability: - A new edition is now available to buy at our sister site - Summerfield Books